The combined legal and tax expertise allows Tomasz to provide full-scope advice in day-to-day business operations as well as in M&A transactions. That, mixed with hard-work attitude, creative approach and analytical skills, makes him an efficient dealmaker able to grasp and handle the complexity of any transaction.
For + 15 years at a pan-Baltic Sea Region law firm and now at LegalKraft, Tomasz guides clients doing cross-border business in Poland, Scandinavia, and Baltics. Due to his versatile skills and dedication to translate law into practical solutions, Tomasz is valued for his ability to act as a pragmatic advisor for cross-border business in Baltic Sea Region involving Poland (both inbound and outbound investments).
Tomasz’s personal track record includes setting-up of Polish operations and continuous day-to-day support provided to such trophy clients as Facebook, Lithuanian Railways or a Sweden-based leading provider of music streaming services. Tomasz has also coordinated cross-border work in the Baltic Sea Region for such clients as Inter Cars.
The more notable examples of transactional work handled by Tomasz cover:
- advising on all legal and tax matters connected with the transaction of sale of 100% stake in Browar Namysłów to Grupa Żywiec (value of the deal approx. PLN 500 M);
- advising on all legal and tax matters connected with the transaction of purchase of 100% stake in the Polish start-up rendering career advice solution (value of the deal approx. USD 40 M);
- advising LTG Cargo AB (part of Lithuanian Railways group) in negotiations of the joint venture with PKP Cargo;
- advising Jabil on the sale of its aftermarket services business to iQor (part of a global deal worth USD 725 M);
- advising on the Polish legal and tax aspects of the sale of Jump Bikes (bike sharing business) to Uber;
- advising a Swedish stock listed company on the tax and legal aspects of the purchase of a Polish lightning systems designer and provider (value of the deal approx. EUR 1.4 M);
- advising one of the leading paint manufacturers on the purchase of paint business lines from the leading German paint manufacturer and Polish stock listed paint manufacturer (total value of the deals approx. EUR 2.5 M);
- advising a Swedish investment fund on the legal and tax aspects of the purchase of the leading provider of IT solutions for education (value of the deal approx. PLN 25 M);
- advising a Russian steel producer on the purchase of the bankruptcy estate of a Polish steel producer (value of the deal approx. PLN 50 M);
- advising on tax aspects of a number of real property transactions, including disposal by A-R-A Retail Centers consortium of its portfolio of 28 shopping malls (value of the deal approx. EUR 1 billion), disposal by Vastint Poland of its portfolio of office parks located in Wrocław and Poznań, as well as advising Octava on tax aspects of development, commercialization, and disposal of the shopping mall located in Wrocław (value of the deal approx. PLN 110 M), purchase of two office buildings located in Warsaw from BPT Optima, and purchase of the portfolio of office buildings from Arka BZ WBK Fund (value of the deal approx. PLN 100 M).